Sunday, July 12, 2015

Reich Post





 First off, I apologize this is getting posted now. I posted it last week but on the wrong blog. Feel free to comment but if not no worries.



In this video Mike Rashid, a professional body builder, interviews 4 x Mr. Olympia Champion Phil Heath about success and how to find lasting success in the fitness industry and life all together. Phil's reply ties directly into Reich's Cultural Parable of the Triumphant Individual. He speaks about how when he first began body building he had to overcome a lot of doubters and had to build his personal brand from the ground up. The manner in which he presents his information causes an cognitive effect with the viewer. He emphasizes the point that success is self driven and that if you're willing to be self motivated success will follow. He also makes the point that you need to find something that you truly care about and you will be able to establish a legacy which lasts far longer than the value of a dollar.



As in any speech or presentation that is used to motivate change emotion will always be a premise that is involved as a basis for persuasion. But also I feel that Needs also is a premise that is present as well. The Reassurance of Worth with the motivating viewers that they too can also be a triumphant individual by believing in themselves and proving the doubters wrong with their work ethic.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome video man! I'm a big fan of rashid he's a freak and a huge fan of Phil Heath. You picked a great video. I think it's easy to look up to guys like them and Arnold because we know how hard it is for a body like that steroids or not it's dedication. Great post

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I enjoy about videos like these, Triumphant Individual, they were motivated and accomplished things people told them they couldn't do. I admire body builders because of the dedication they put not only their bodies but their minds. Because lets be honest it would be easier to just let go and just hang out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Triumphant individual is a huge part in our society right now I feel. We really enjoy seeing others succeed because it inspires us that we can do the same. We are seeing it all over our current marketing campaigns. This is a great example of a triumphant individual.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice of video! I would agree with you that this type of video has a cognitive effect on people. It is also the type of thing that helps to motivate me toward action. It's regular people, in sometimes less than ideal situations, that rise to the top with a drive that is so inspiring. I like the saying that he used, "life is like a leg day." It's persevering through those tough and less rewarding days that really defines us and that helps one to build character. Heath definitely earned all that he has attained.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So it wasn’t until this year that I saw my first motivational fitness video! I felt like I saw the Triumphant Individual being worked into this video for sure! I know a few people who are body builders and it really isn’t easy. From the intense dieting to the amount of time spent working out is so hard for someone who is limited on what they are able to eat which then affects there mood. Great choice in video!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this video. In fact I watched four more of his videos about his workout routines and dedication to his goals. I appreciated that he wasn't just some meat head that could not carry on a conversation, but rather he is smart and very motivated to be a top competitor. I agree that this is a powerful showing of an individual rising above others because of his drive and character. I liked your perspective on the analysis.

    ReplyDelete